We are always interested in talking with people looking to have a career in plants! We are currently seeking qualified people for the following open positions:
We work outdoors in all kinds of weather, so make sure to come prepared for anything!
Nursery & Garden Center Supervisor
The supervisor performs a variety of tasks related to the upkeep and maintenance of the nursery and garden center. The responsibilities of this position may include:
- Maintenance of all plant material in the greenhouses, at the nursery and on the property including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning and pest control.
- Maintain/upkeep of the greenhouse facility.
- Assist in planting seeds and/or plugs, making cuttings, separation, or division of stock.
- Properly label and stock all plant material.
- Retail store operations including: cleaning, stocking/displaying, labeling and selling retail products, assist customers, cash handling procedures.
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
The supervisor should possess the following qualifications:
- Good health with adequate strength and endurance to perform the work as there are the following physical demands on a regular basis: move heavy objects, stand, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to work independently and properly/fully complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other departments.
- Have good customer service qualities and able to handle customer situations.
- Ability to work to standards and regulations set by applicable local, state, and federal codes and agencies.
- Basic knowledge of greenhouse operations, horticulture/botany and individual flower, plant, shrub and tree requirements.
- Ability to recognize plant diseases or insect problems.
- Ability to exhibit an energetic and enthusiastic attitude, to take initiative, be honest, dependable and reliable.
Associate or Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or minimum of five years of experience in a Nursery setting with extensive knowledge of plants.
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. These jobs include a variety of tasks relating to the upkeep and maintenance of the nursery grounds, greenhouses and retail building. The responsibilities of these positions may include:
- Maintenance of plant materials including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning and pest control.
- Maintenance/upkeep of the greenhouse facility.
- Planting seeds and/or plugs, making cuttings, separation or division of stock.
- Labeling and stocking materials.
- Retail Store operations including cleaning, stocking, merchandise display setup, selling products, customer service and cash handling.
- Good health with adequate strength and the endurance to perform tasks involving lifting and moving heavy objects, standing, kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to work independently and properly complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of greenhouse operations.
- Basic knowledge of annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs and their characteristics.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, honest, reliable, shows initiative.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior retail and/or industry experience helpful.
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. Our Yard Worker is an essential part of keeping the nursery running smoothly. Assisting customers and associates with loading trees, shrubs, and other purchases is an essential part of the duties of the Yard Worker. Irrigation maintenance, equipment maintenance, and general property maintenance contribute to a pleasant working and shopping experience for everybody.
- Loading heavy and bulk products for customers.
- Maintenance and operation of irrigation system.
- Hand watering of nursery stock.
- Maintenance needs of a growing and expanding garden center operation.
- High school diploma or GED