We are always interested in talking with people looking to have a career in plants! We are currently seeking qualified people for the following open positions:
We work outdoors in all kinds of weather, so make sure to come prepared for anything!
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. These jobs include a variety of tasks relating to the upkeep and maintenance of the nursery grounds, greenhouses and retail building. The responsibilities of these positions may include:
- Maintenance of plant materials including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning and pest control.
- Maintenance/upkeep of the greenhouse facility.
- Labeling and stocking materials.
- Retail Store operations including cleaning, stocking, merchandise display setup, selling products, customer service and cash handling.
- Good health with adequate strength and the endurance to perform tasks involving lifting and moving heavy objects, standing, kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to work independently and properly complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of greenhouse operations is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs and their characteristics is a plus.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, honest, reliable, shows initiative.
- High school diploma or GED.
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. Our Yard Worker is an essential part of keeping the nursery running smoothly. Assisting customers and associates with loading trees, shrubs, and other purchases is an essential part of the duties of the Yard Worker. Irrigation maintenance, equipment maintenance, and general property maintenance contribute to a pleasant working and shopping experience for everybody.
- Loading heavy and bulk products for customers.
- Maintenance and operation of irrigation system.
- Hand watering of nursery stock.
- Maintenance needs of a growing and expanding garden center operation.
- Loader operation
- High school diploma or GED