We are always interested in talking with people looking to have a career in plants! We are currently seeking qualified people for the following open positions:
We work outdoors in all kinds of weather, so make sure to come prepared for anything!
Nursery & Garden Center Manager
The Nursery Manager performs a variety of tasks related to the Nursery and Garden Center. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage Plant Inventory – ordering, purchasing, receiving, follow-up and care.
- Manage facilities and grounds operations while maintaining all plant material on property
including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning and pest control.
- Manage and operate retail store/Garden Center – including cleaning, stocking / merchandising
labeling and selling retail products, assist customers, handle cash; hire, schedule and manage
Work in conjunction with the owner on day to day projects and future planning prospects.
- Landscape design experience a plus to help customers of Garden Center and Nursery
with projects and questions.
The Manager will possess the following qualifications:
- Good health with adequate strength and endurance to perform the work as there are the
following physical demands on a regular basis: move heavy objects, stand, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to work independently and properly/fully complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, co-workers, and
- Have good customer service skills and be able to handle customer situations.
- Ability to work to standards and regulations set by applicable local, state, and federal codes and
- Basic knowledge of horticulture/botany and individual flower, plant, shrub and tree requirements.
- Ability to exhibit an energetic and enthusiastic attitude, to take initiative, be honest, dependable
Associate or Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or demonstrated knowledge.
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. These jobs include a variety of tasks relating to the upkeep and maintenance of the nursery grounds, greenhouses and retail building. The responsibilities of these positions may include:
- Maintenance of plant materials including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning and pest control.
- Maintenance/upkeep of the greenhouse facility.
- Labeling and stocking materials.
- Retail Store operations including cleaning, stocking, merchandise display setup, selling products, customer service and cash handling.
- Good health with adequate strength and the endurance to perform tasks involving lifting and moving heavy objects, standing, kneeling and crouching.
- Ability to work independently and properly complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of greenhouse operations is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs and their characteristics is a plus.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, honest, reliable, shows initiative.
- High school diploma or GED.
This is a seasonal position, offering between 30-40 hours per week during the months of April through at least July, dependent on sales and weather conditions. Our Yard Worker is an essential part of keeping the nursery running smoothly. Assisting customers and associates with loading trees, shrubs, and other purchases is an essential part of the duties of the Yard Worker. Irrigation maintenance, equipment maintenance, and general property maintenance contribute to a pleasant working and shopping experience for everybody.
- Loading heavy and bulk products for customers.
- Maintenance and operation of irrigation system.
- Hand watering of nursery stock.
- Maintenance needs of a growing and expanding garden center operation.
- Loader operation
- High school diploma or GED